- Mount Beauty, Australia
Mount Beauty and Tawonga South are regarded by sports enthusiasts as adventure meccas and the focal point for a variety of adventure activities, including;
- Mountain biking and road biking throughout Mount Beauty, Tawonga South, the Kiewa Valley and surrounding region.
- 4WD up the mountains that surround the Mount Beauty and Tawonga South townships
- Horse riding and bushwalking through the natural bush surrounding the townships
- Sail plane gliding, paragliding and hang gliding over Mount Beauty
- Tennis at various Mount Beauty accommodation venues
- Swimming at both the Mount Beauty Community pool and/or in the Kiewa River
- Boating and fishing in the streams, rivers and lake in and around Mount Beauty
If you’re up for a challenge, try the golf course or walk to the top of Mt Bogong. If you’d like to take it easy, have a picnic or a barbecue beside the swimming holes in the Kiewa River or enjoy a lazy afternoon lunch at one of the local wineries.
The name says it all
Mount Beauty Victoria is a destination for all seasons and offers a range of the best accommodation catering to all budgets. An aptly named town, Mount Beauty sits at the base of Victoria’s highest mountain, Mount Bogong (1986 metres). This beautiful little town was planned and created by the State Electricity Commission in the late 1940s, and was originally home to the thousands of workers who built the Kiewa Hydro Electricity Scheme.Mount Beauty is home to some major festivals too; including the Bogong Cup International Hang Gliding Championships held in January, and the Mount Beauty Music Festival every April. The Kiewa Valley also offers a multitude of great food and wine prospects, including the freshly cooked delights at Treats Café and a delicious range of wineries each with their own wine styles and personalities. The Mount Beauty Visitor Information Centre has extensive interpretive displays of the history and geography of this area.
Mount Beauty is located less than 350 kilometres north-east of Melbourne. This lovely township is accessible via the Great Alpine Road to Bright and then head over the Tawonga Gap to Kiewa Valley. So if you are looking for a weekend break or an extended holiday, the Mount Beauty region has plenty to offer from outdoor sports activities & festivals to wineries & restaurants. Check out the range of Mount Beauty accommodation on offer and treat yourself, family and friends to a wonderful Mount Beauty Victoria experience.