- Methven, New Zealand
- Methven is an one hour drive south along the Inland Scenic Route 72 from Christchurch International Airport.
- The warmth of Methven will ensure you feel at home from the moment you arrive.
- Methven has no shortage of spectacular scenery and outdoor activities - It is the space to be!
- There are two commercial ski areas, three heliskiing operators, a helipark and five clubfields to choose from - and all within two hours drive.
- While staying in Methven you can go skydiving, enjoy a country golf course, horse trek through the countryside, white-water raft, hike or mountain bike nature trails or enjoy traditional rural hospitality.
- A cluster of high country lakes lure avid fly fishers, a hot air balloon or heli flight provides a bird’s eye view of a patchwork landscape, and a 4WD adventure can take you on a journey into the high country to witness the unspoilt beauty that was captured in the Lord of the Rings.
- Classic New Zealand country pubs, a unique selection of retail outlets, and restaurants offering award-winning wines and food unique to the region will fill your time with memorable experiences.
- Variety of accommodation options; resort hotels, backpacker hostels to self catering ski lodges.
Methven Things To Do
Things To Do
Enticed by the beauty of the surrounding countryside, and with the village of Methven as your base, this amazing space will captivate you and ensure you truly feel in touch with the great outdoors.
Within minutes of arriving in Methven you can be skiing or boarding, skydiving, enjoying a country golf course, horse trekking through the countryside, white-water rafting, hiking or mountain biking nature trails or enjoying traditional rural hospitality.
A cluster of high country lakes lure avid fly fishers, a hot air balloon or heli flight provides a bird’s eye view of a patchwork landscape, and a 4WD adventure can take you on a journey into the high country wilderness to witness the unspoilt beauty that was captured in the Lord of the Rings.
If the adventure activities Methven offers simply aren’t your thing, or you just want to treat yourself and take it easy, you’re in luck. Methven and the surrounding region also caters for those seeking a more tranquil experience from a gentle walk or picnic in the countryside, visiting the great local gift shops, to a massage or beauty treatment to rejuvenate your mind, body and soul.