- Methven, New Zealand
- Methven is an one hour drive south along the Inland Scenic Route 72 from Christchurch International Airport.
- The warmth of Methven will ensure you feel at home from the moment you arrive.
- Methven has no shortage of spectacular scenery and outdoor activities - It is the space to be!
- There are two commercial ski areas, three heliskiing operators, a helipark and five clubfields to choose from - and all within two hours drive.
- While staying in Methven you can go skydiving, enjoy a country golf course, horse trek through the countryside, white-water raft, hike or mountain bike nature trails or enjoy traditional rural hospitality.
- A cluster of high country lakes lure avid fly fishers, a hot air balloon or heli flight provides a bird’s eye view of a patchwork landscape, and a 4WD adventure can take you on a journey into the high country to witness the unspoilt beauty that was captured in the Lord of the Rings.
- Classic New Zealand country pubs, a unique selection of retail outlets, and restaurants offering award-winning wines and food unique to the region will fill your time with memorable experiences.
- Variety of accommodation options; resort hotels, backpacker hostels to self catering ski lodges.
Methven Retail and hire
Visitors to Methven / Mt Hutt can either hire their equipment at Mt Hutt Ski Area, or from three rental outlets in Methven:
Big Al's Ski and Sports
Jace's Ski Hut
Wombat's Ski Shop
Click on the facilities page for more information on shops & services in town.