- Methven, New Zealand
- Methven is an one hour drive south along the Inland Scenic Route 72 from Christchurch International Airport.
- The warmth of Methven will ensure you feel at home from the moment you arrive.
- Methven has no shortage of spectacular scenery and outdoor activities - It is the space to be!
- There are two commercial ski areas, three heliskiing operators, a helipark and five clubfields to choose from - and all within two hours drive.
- While staying in Methven you can go skydiving, enjoy a country golf course, horse trek through the countryside, white-water raft, hike or mountain bike nature trails or enjoy traditional rural hospitality.
- A cluster of high country lakes lure avid fly fishers, a hot air balloon or heli flight provides a bird’s eye view of a patchwork landscape, and a 4WD adventure can take you on a journey into the high country to witness the unspoilt beauty that was captured in the Lord of the Rings.
- Classic New Zealand country pubs, a unique selection of retail outlets, and restaurants offering award-winning wines and food unique to the region will fill your time with memorable experiences.
- Variety of accommodation options; resort hotels, backpacker hostels to self catering ski lodges.
Christchurch International Airport is the closest airport to Methven and is serviced by many major domestic and international carriers, including Air New Zealand, Qantas, Pacific Blue, Jetstar, Emirates, Singapore Airlines and Air Pacific.
Methven Travel operate a daily shuttle service from Christchurch International Airport over winter.
Methven is only about 1 hour or 94kms from Christchurch along Inland Scenic Route 72.
Regular daily shuttles to Mt Hutt Ski Area operate from Methven and Christchurch during the snow season.
Black Diamond Safaris offer guiding and/or transport options to other local clubs fields.