- Methven, New Zealand
- Methven is an one hour drive south along the Inland Scenic Route 72 from Christchurch International Airport.
- The warmth of Methven will ensure you feel at home from the moment you arrive.
- Methven has no shortage of spectacular scenery and outdoor activities - It is the space to be!
- There are two commercial ski areas, three heliskiing operators, a helipark and five clubfields to choose from - and all within two hours drive.
- While staying in Methven you can go skydiving, enjoy a country golf course, horse trek through the countryside, white-water raft, hike or mountain bike nature trails or enjoy traditional rural hospitality.
- A cluster of high country lakes lure avid fly fishers, a hot air balloon or heli flight provides a bird’s eye view of a patchwork landscape, and a 4WD adventure can take you on a journey into the high country to witness the unspoilt beauty that was captured in the Lord of the Rings.
- Classic New Zealand country pubs, a unique selection of retail outlets, and restaurants offering award-winning wines and food unique to the region will fill your time with memorable experiences.
- Variety of accommodation options; resort hotels, backpacker hostels to self catering ski lodges.
There are all the essential services you’d expect; including an information centre, bank, chemist, medical centre, supermarkets and a book shop, along with some great local arts and crafts shops and a fantastic art gallery showcasing some of the many talented local artists.
If relaxing is your thing, there is massage therapy, hot stone massage, outdoor garden spa pools, beauty therapy and hairdressers all ready and waiting to pamper you...
In the winter, you’ll find three ski and snowboard shops and of course a gym to keep yourself in shape, just in case you’ve overindulged at one of the many restaurants and cafes.