- Methven, New Zealand
- Methven is an one hour drive south along the Inland Scenic Route 72 from Christchurch International Airport.
- The warmth of Methven will ensure you feel at home from the moment you arrive.
- Methven has no shortage of spectacular scenery and outdoor activities - It is the space to be!
- There are two commercial ski areas, three heliskiing operators, a helipark and five clubfields to choose from - and all within two hours drive.
- While staying in Methven you can go skydiving, enjoy a country golf course, horse trek through the countryside, white-water raft, hike or mountain bike nature trails or enjoy traditional rural hospitality.
- A cluster of high country lakes lure avid fly fishers, a hot air balloon or heli flight provides a bird’s eye view of a patchwork landscape, and a 4WD adventure can take you on a journey into the high country to witness the unspoilt beauty that was captured in the Lord of the Rings.
- Classic New Zealand country pubs, a unique selection of retail outlets, and restaurants offering award-winning wines and food unique to the region will fill your time with memorable experiences.
- Variety of accommodation options; resort hotels, backpacker hostels to self catering ski lodges.
With over 20 eating establishments, visitors to Methven can enjoy a wide variety of meals, from the classic kiwi takeaway or New Zealand country pub meal to delicious first-class restaurant fare.
Fresh vegetables, meat and poultry grown in the Canterbury region are sure to satisfy even the most discerning diner. Popular choices in many restaurants include lamb shanks, wood smoked venison, fillet steak variations and pan-fried Rakaia River salmon.
If you crave your morning latte and a tasty breakfast or brunch you’ll find a great range of cafes to choose from in Methven, all within a few minutes walking distance from each other.