- Methven, New Zealand
- Methven is an one hour drive south along the Inland Scenic Route 72 from Christchurch International Airport.
- The warmth of Methven will ensure you feel at home from the moment you arrive.
- Methven has no shortage of spectacular scenery and outdoor activities - It is the space to be!
- There are two commercial ski areas, three heliskiing operators, a helipark and five clubfields to choose from - and all within two hours drive.
- While staying in Methven you can go skydiving, enjoy a country golf course, horse trek through the countryside, white-water raft, hike or mountain bike nature trails or enjoy traditional rural hospitality.
- A cluster of high country lakes lure avid fly fishers, a hot air balloon or heli flight provides a bird’s eye view of a patchwork landscape, and a 4WD adventure can take you on a journey into the high country to witness the unspoilt beauty that was captured in the Lord of the Rings.
- Classic New Zealand country pubs, a unique selection of retail outlets, and restaurants offering award-winning wines and food unique to the region will fill your time with memorable experiences.
- Variety of accommodation options; resort hotels, backpacker hostels to self catering ski lodges.
Amazing Space - Methven, Mt Hutt, New Zealand
Methven is at the heart of one of New Zealand’s premier skiing & outdoor recreation regions, an hour south of Christchurch via the Inland Scenic Route 72.
With Mt Hutt Ski Area on its doorstep, some of the world’s finest heliskiing country and six Canterbury ski fields all within close distance; Methven is a snow sports magnet over winter.
Over summer people head to Methven to interact with the outdoors or to simply refresh and relax in the Amazing Space which is rural and rustic, yet funky and modern.
Outdoor activities range from fishing, tramping, golf and hot air ballooning to skydiving, jet boating and 4WD high country adventures.
You will find the friendliness of the locals appealing especially when dining out at one of more than a dozen local eateries from country pubs to first class restaurants.
No matter what time of the year you decide to visit Methven offers a wide range of accommodation including hotels and luxury B&Bs through to budget backpackers and holiday parks.