- Mansfield, Australia
|Telephone:||1800 039 firstname.lastname@example.org^www.mansfield-mtbuller.com.au|
- Head to Mount Buller and Mt Stirling for great winter skiing
- Saddle up and relive the film, The Man from Snowy River, with a horseback ride from Mount Buller
- Enjoy spectacular bushwalking - trails lead across plains of wildflowers, with view's of Mount Buller and the peaks of the Alpine National Park
- Try mountain biking or four wheel driving along the old mountain cattle trails
- Enjoy excellent fishing, canoeing and white water rafting on the Howqua and Delatite rivers
- Learn to rock climb at Mount Buller
- Hire a houseboat and explore Lake Eildon
- Enjoy spectacular views from Craig's Hut, Power's Lookout and the summit of Mount Buller
- Visit the Troopers' Monument erected in 1880 as a tribute to policemen Lonigan, Kennedy and Scanlon who were shot dead by Ned Kelly at nearby Stringybark Creek
Mansfield Things To Do
Things To Do
There are plenty of things to do and see while visiting the town of Mansfield. Of course, the fabulous alpine resort of Mt Buller is just a stones throw away. But there a many other activities available if the cold weather doesn’t take to fancy.
Horse Riding lessons are available from three different operators who all offer 1 to 2 day rides through the beautiful alpine scenery once explored by ‘The Man From Snowy River’.
There are a number of historical walks available surrounding the town. You could walk to find the ‘Kelly Tree’, or perhaps the ‘Gnome Home’ on Mt Buller. Why not catch the sunset while your there?
There are the gold mining ruins at Sheepyard Flat or locate Fry’s Hut on the Howqua River.
If you were prefer something a little more relaxed, why not see a movie in an old style picture theatre or visit the local gallery’s to buy a piece of local art.
There are water sports at Eildon, or a round of Golf on the local course. River and streams for the fisherman at heart, and wineries for those looking for the perfect drop.
Mansfield really does has something for everyone!