- Mansfield, Australia
|Telephone:||1800 039 049|
- Head to Mount Buller and Mt Stirling for great winter skiing
- Saddle up and relive the film, The Man from Snowy River, with a horseback ride from Mount Buller
- Enjoy spectacular bushwalking - trails lead across plains of wildflowers, with view's of Mount Buller and the peaks of the Alpine National Park
- Try mountain biking or four wheel driving along the old mountain cattle trails
- Enjoy excellent fishing, canoeing and white water rafting on the Howqua and Delatite rivers
- Learn to rock climb at Mount Buller
- Hire a houseboat and explore Lake Eildon
- Enjoy spectacular views from Craig's Hut, Power's Lookout and the summit of Mount Buller
- Visit the Troopers' Monument erected in 1880 as a tribute to policemen Lonigan, Kennedy and Scanlon who were shot dead by Ned Kelly at nearby Stringybark Creek
Mansfield Retail and hire
If you’re into the eclectic, the locally produced and handmade, then Mansfield shopping is for you.
Along the main street you will find all the basics as well as provender suppliers, country outfitters, funky gift shops and specialist sporting stores.
But for a real taste of High Country shopping, don’t miss the local Bush Markets. Markets run on the Saturdays of Australia Day, Easter, Queen’s Birthday and Melbourne Cup long weekend. Most of the crafts, soaps, plants and foods on sale are either made or grown by the stallholders.
A favourite is the CWA cakes stall. Worth a special trip!