- Christchurch, New Zealand
- 16 ski areas within easy reach of Christchurch
- 10 ski areas within just 2 1/2 hours drive of Christchurch
- Terrain for all levels, from beginners to big-mountain skiing at a fraction of the cost!
- On and off-field accommodation available (varies by mountain)
- Check out the local 'clubbies' (club-fields), unique to the Canterbury Region.
- Discover one of the World's Top 10 "Green Adventures" -
- "Take the Piste", read on for more details -
- Alpine ice-skating.
- Therapeutic Alpine Thermal Hot Pools
- Abundance of Apres towns and after-ski outings in Christchurch!
If you are arriving from overseas, you can fly directly in to the world class Christchurch International Airport. With all the modern facilities that a major airport has to offer and conveniently located just 20 minutes from the city centre, Christchurch Airport is a great way to enter the South Island.
Self Drive: If you’re driving from the North, State Highway 1 will take you into the heart of Christchurch, SH 1 is also the one to be on if you’re journeying up from the South. If you’re coming from the west, follow SH 73 which will take you into Christchurch. You can also check out www.aa.co.nz for maps.
Coach/Bus: There are a wide variety of quality operators on offer waiting to take you in too, and around the Christchurch and Canterbury region. Ranging from 5 Star luxury vehicles to more ‘backpacker budget’ options, you will find something to meet your needs. Regular services run from the West Coast, Queenstown, Wanaka, Nelson, Picton, Dunedin, Southland and many other locations.