- Christchurch, New Zealand
- 16 ski areas within easy reach of Christchurch
- 10 ski areas within just 2 1/2 hours drive of Christchurch
- Terrain for all levels, from beginners to big-mountain skiing at a fraction of the cost!
- On and off-field accommodation available (varies by mountain)
- Check out the local 'clubbies' (club-fields), unique to the Canterbury Region.
- Discover one of the World's Top 10 "Green Adventures" -
- "Take the Piste", read on for more details -
- Alpine ice-skating.
- Therapeutic Alpine Thermal Hot Pools
- Abundance of Apres towns and after-ski outings in Christchurch!
Christchurch is the ideal base for exploring the many Canterbury Ski Areas. This vibrant, picturesque, boutique city offers easy access to surf, snow, the rest of the world and the richly diverse backyard of the surrounding Canterbury region.
Within a few hours from the heart of the city you'll find lush vineyards, pristine glacial lakes, alpine hot pools and world-class wildlife experiences - and just 30 minutes away, discover an ancient volcanic peninsula dotted with charming townships, hidden bays and breathtaking views.